Wayzata Public Schools is proud to offer the "Computer Equity Project", which has been developed to help merge the gap between students who have access to technology at home with those that do not. Computers that are cycled out of Wayzata Public Schools are refurbished and offered to students who qualify for the devices. In order to qualify, students must first meet with a Wayzata High School social worker and an application form must be submitted.
Important information: the Computer Equity Project is for Wayzata High School students who do not own or have access to a computer at home. This project is designed to increase student achievement and technology by expanding and enhancing access to technology. Students must keep the issued computer and understand that Wayzata Public Schools is not responsible for upkeep or maintenance. Recipients must provide their own transportation of the equipment to their home, access to software, technical support, and internet access.
Computers are refurbished by students under the supervision of Tyler Shepard, associate principal. If you have any questions, contact a social worker or Tyler Shepard at email@example.com
Low Cost Internet Provided by Comcast to Low Income Families
How to qualify:
To qualify for $9.95 a month Internet service and a low-cost computer, your household must meet all these criteria:
- Be located where Comcast offers Internet service
- Have at least one child receiving free school lunches through the National School Lunch Program
- Have not subscribed to Comcast Internet service within the last 90 days
- Not have an overdue Comcast bill or unreturned equipment
How to apply:
- Call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376) to request an application
- Comcast will mail you an application. Complete and return it, along with lunch program documents from your child's school
- We will notify you by mail about the status of your application. Allow 7-10 days for a response
How to get connected: Once you are approved, we'll mail you a welcome package with everything you need to set up your Internet service and receive our free Internet training. If you choose to purchase a low-cost computer, your welcome package will provide details. For more information, visit www.internetessentials.com