Guidance / Counseling
The Guidance and Counseling staff at Wayzata High School provides developmental, as well as pro-active, preventative and remedial services for students. This involves a cooperative effort among students, staff members, parents and the community. Their purpose is to empower all learners to lead satisfying and productive lives by assisting them in identifying and achieving educational, career, personal and social goals. We are here to help by working with academic issues, educational and career planning, as well as personal concerns. All students meet several times each year with their counselor in groups of approximately 30 for group guidance activities. Most students will also have individual meetings with counselors.The Role of the School Counselor
Do we make a difference? Absolutely!Use the links on the left-hand side of the page to navigate through the counseling website. Below you will find the contact information for the counseling office staff. To schedule an appointment with a counselor or for general questions, please call 763-745-6630.
- School counselors are actively committed to helping students explore their abilities, strengths, interests and talents as these traits relate to career awareness and development.
- School counselors help parents focus on ways to further the education, personal and social growth of students.
- School counselors work with teachers and other educators to help students explore their potential and set realistic goals for themselves.
- School counselors seek to identify and utilize community resources that can enhance and compliment comprehensive school counseling programs and help students become productive members of society.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs are considered an integral part of the educational process that enables all students to achieve success in school.
CounselorsBrad OlsonCounselor for Last Names A-Bri1st Floor Office763-745-6636Mandy RandallCounselor for Last Names Brj-Dr1st Floor Office763-745-6813Jennifer LandyCounselor for Last Names Ds-Hal1st Floor Office763-745-6641Mark EliasCounselor for Last Names Ham-Kar3rd Floor Office763-745-6643Cindy McGunnigleCounselor for Last Names Kas-Mal3rd Floor Office763-745-6633Sarah ClutterCounselor for Last Names Mam-Or3rd Floor Office763-745-6637Brian GildemeisterCounselor for Last Names Os-Sa4th Floor Office763-745-6635Jessica DahlmanCounselor for Last Names Sc-Te4th Floor Office763-745-6713Peggy ZimmerCounselor for Last Names Tf-Z4th Floor Office763-745-6634 Support StaffNancy VogtRegistrar763-745-6630Terri MarrCounseling Secretary763-745-6630Deb MusserCollege and Career Center Coordinator763-745-6639