Home Base works in cooperation with family, school, and community to provide high-quality childcare through enriching activities for all elementary children in the Wayzata Public Schools community.
Bright Start: Pre-Kindergarten
- Is for children who are four years old by September 1 of the school year.
- Is located in each of the eight Wayzata elementary schools.
- Is a high-quality pre-kindergarten program designed to meet the social and educational needs of children.
- Utilizes a research-based curriculum.
- Is led by experienced, well-trained staff.
- Recommends a minimum of three days per week to maximize the benefits of the curriculum and in an effort to be consistent with children.
- Requires a contracted weekly schedule.
- Is a fee-based full-day pre-kindergarten programming with wrap around child care.
Home Base: Elementary School-Age Care
- Is a fee-based program which provides before- and after-school childcare for children kindergarten to grade five.
- Is located at each of the eight Wayzata elementary schools.
- Provides a choice-based environment where children can grow, build friendships, and develop their social skills under the supervision of nurturing caregivers.
- Is led by experienced professionals in school-age care at each site.
- Follows school-age care guidelines.
- Provides full-day programs on Non-School Days (NSD) and Summer.
- Offers a choice of a contracted weekly schedule or a flexible drop-in option (based on space availability).
Home Base Non-School Days
- Provides a full-day childcare option on selected non-school days throughout the school year, such as conference days and school breaks.
- Are contracted and billed in addition to your regular Home Base/Bright Start contract.
Home Base Summer
- Provides a full-day childcare option during the summer.
- Is available for children registered to enter kindergarten in the fall through children who will be entering 6th grade in the fall.
- Is a flexible option allowing you to choose any number of days in the summer program.
Home Base & Bright Startare Community Education programs of Wayzata Public Schools