Legislative Action Committee
The Wayzata Public Schools Legislative Action Committee (LAC) is a group of citizens that monitors legislative activity as it affects K-12 education and advocates positions on behalf of the district. The LAC is supported by the school board and district administration.The LAC is charged by the school board with the following responsibilities:
Committee members include parents, community members and representatives from the district. The committee meets monthly in the board room of the district office.For more information about the Wayzata Public Schools LAC, contact Andrew Hagen, communication specialist and staff liaison to the committee, at 763-745-5017 or by email at Andrew.Hagen@wayzata.k12.mn.us.
- Make recommendations to the board regarding the legislative platform
- Work to build positive relationships with legislators for the district
- Report to the community regarding legislative issues
- Determine strategies and tactics for legislative advocacy
- Enlist support of community resources as needed