Mission & OverviewThe Wayzata Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is an organization whose purpose is to strengthen, enhance, and encourage a positive, inclusive, and engaged educational and social environment at Wayzata High School.
Its goals are:
- To complement the school curriculum with additional opportunities for parents, teachers and students to learn, socialize, communicate and grow.
- To benefit deserving students by granting scholarships to seniors enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program.
- To recognize and foster diversity.
- To reward and support sensitivity to human rights.
- The PTO’s activities are funded through parent donations and our partnership with Fun2Raise, through which we deliver the PTO Parents’ Mobile App. The parents’ app gives you quick-hit access to commonly used links, such as the WHS Calendar, WHS Phone Numbers, E-PAY, PayPams, Skyward, and the WHS Website. It also supports local businesses, who advertise great deals through the app.
- WHS Staff Appreciation dinners and activities
- Scholarships to qualifying WHS seniors
- WHS Fund-a-Need program
- Ad-hoc Grant Requests & School Events
- PTO Parent Forums (approx.. 3x/year)